- Operates all exterior maintenance equipment including loaders, skid steers, tractors, dump trucks, spreaders, pressure washers, gang mowers and other riding mowers, self-propelled mowers, push mowers, line trimmers, edgers, blowers, aeration equipment, and other hand and power tools used for trimming and pruning. Assists with graffiti removal. Plans, designs, lays out, and stripes parking lots, playgrounds, and athletic fields. May be required to apply herbicides and fertilizer under the license of the Spray Technician and or Site Maintenance Lead.
- Inspects grounds, including athletic fields, playground equipment, parking lots, fences, irrigation systems, and exterior operations related structures, to insure all exterior operations maintenance is performed in compliance with all District quality standards, safety practices, policies, and procedures
- Performs snow removal with duties including the operation of plow equipment. Hours may include nights, weekends, overtime and possible returning to work after regular scheduled shift.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Three years of relevant experience in a related trade preferred
- Knowledge of landscape principles and practices including the maintenance of trees, shrubs and ground covers
- Knowledge of landscape maintenance related structures including athletic fields, playground equipment, shelters, sidewalks, and planters.
- Proficient skills and knowledge of all grounds related power equipment and specialized hand tools.
- Knowledge and skill of forklifts and scissor lifts.
- Ability to perform math computations needed in trade including metric/English conversions.
- Employee will be required to operate District vehicles. All applicants are required to submit a motor vehicle record with application for approval by the district’s Risk Management division. Driver's license must be maintained as a condition of continued employment. Employee must maintain a driving record which meets the standards of the District insurance policy.
- Capable of working in harsh weather conditions.
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time.