JobID 1816 : Speech/Language Pathologist (#1703159)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 7350 N. Broadway, Denver, CO 80221. (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
POSITION: Speech Language Pathologist
LOCATION: Special Services
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants must fill out a District application at: www.mapleton.us. Current employees must e-mail a letter of interest and resume to Erica Branscum, Assistant Superintendent, Talent Recruitment and Development at HR@mapleton.us
- Must hold a Special Services Provider license from the Colorado Department of Education with a School Speech/Language Pathologist Endorsement
- Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education also required (or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework).
- Willingness and ability to meet the diverse needs of learners (including special education, at-risk, linguistically and culturally diverse) by adjusting curriculum and working cooperatively with other staff through inclusion.
- Commitments and competencies in using a variety of instructional deliveries are including, but limited to, cooperative learning, and interdisciplinary instructional thematic units.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to a standards-based system of designing and delivering instruction and assessment.
- Will demonstrate a willingness to collaborate, solve problems.
- Designs instructional intervention that is clearly focused on the standards and assessments established by the District and the State.
- Provides expanded opportunities and support for learner success.
- Demonstrates and models’ high expectations for all students to succeed.
- Aligns all instruction with and designs instructional interventions with State and local standards and assessments.
- Establishes and maintains strong classroom management.
- Utilizes a variety of teaching styles to accommodate student-learning needs.
- Multiple special education endorsements and second language applicants preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team approach.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in an administering a variety of assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to write quality IEPs, goals and objectives based on Assessments and needs.
- Flexibility around staffing times.