JobID 5064 : Custodian, Substitute (#1698755)
Entry-level substitute custodians are hired to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday from 3:30 p.m. to midnight. They are assigned to a location each day depending on the needs of the District. As site-based positions become available, substitute custodians are eligible to apply for a transfer into site-based custodian positions.
SUMMARY: Responsble for maintaining a clean, sanitzied, safe, and healthy environment for students to learn and staff to teach. To provide a positive role model for students and be a helpful, and approachable steward of the building when dealing with the public.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, completion of G.E.D., or equivalent vocational school
- Criminal background check required for hire
- Valid Colorado driver’s license
- Must successfully pass lifting evaluation of 50 pounds within one month of hire
- Basic math skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal relations skills
- Knowledge of Body Fluid Spills training required after hire
- Knowledge of equipment and products used by the department
- Ability to keep pertinent information confidential
- Able to be an ambassador for the school district when meeting and working with the public using our school facilities
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies and building and department procedures
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals, Microsoft Office Suite, as well as typical office equipment such as telephones, copiers, fax machine, email, etc.
- Operating knowledge of vacuum cleaner, commercial floor buffer/scrubber, commercial floor/carpet extractors, and scissor lift
- Product knowledge including cleaning supplies, disinfectants, etc.