JobID 1309 : Bus Driver #15 (#1687205)
Title: School Bus Driver
Under the general supervision of the Director of Facilities, to ensure the safe transportation of students, staff, and others to and from school, residential neighborhoods, and field trips.
- Safely drives a school bus on days when school is in session over designated routes in accordance with time schedules, loading and unloading students at designated locations.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard automotive and bus equipment, and telephone.
- Travels to and from school district buildings, to vehicle service stations, field trip locations and other destinations are required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of all traffic laws, regulations, road signs and related information.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard school bus environment.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Motor Vehicle Operator's (DMV) License.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Successful prior experience working as a bus driver, preferably in a school district or transporting children.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt