JobID 9737 : Before and After School Care Counselor (#1672091)
FTE: 0.25 - 0.50
Interested applicants: Please email to employment@
Starting Wage: $12.50/hr
Work and play with children ages 5 to 13! We are seeking caring and compassionate applicants to assist in our before and after school care program who are interested in leading games and activities with children, helping them get their homework started for the day, feed them breakfast and snacks, and have a great time.
Aspen Ridge Preparatory School, located in beautiful Erie, Colorado, is an accredited K-8 Core Knowledge Charter School in the St. Vrain Valley School District. As a very affordable service to our families, we offer care for students both before and after school hours during the following times:
Before School - 6:30am to 8am
After School - 3:30pm to 6pm
Program staff will need to be available for both shifts, though some flexibility in scheduling is available. This is a great way to accumulate child care experience hours as well!
Duties and Responsibilites
- Welcoming students as they arrive
- Communicating program processes with parents
- Making simple breakfast and snacks
- Supervising students to make sure they are safe at all times
- Leading games and activities
- Supervising and assisting with homework during after care hours
- Observing safe playground practices during outside play
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director
- No prior child care experience is required for the counselor position
- Punctuality and reliability are essential in caring for children
- Training classes for the necessary certifications will be provided by the school and must be completed in a timely manner.
- 17 years of age or older
- No criminal history involving children
Before and After School Counselors and Leads report to the Program Director.
Counselors must have the reasonable physical ability to meet the duties, responsibilities, and job requirements listed above.
It is the policy of Aspen Ridge Preparatory School not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, or handicap. These policies apply to recruitment, employment, transfers and reassignments, compensation, and other conditions of employment.