Middle School Teacher (#1670647)
This position is for Bledsoe County Middle School Position is Open Until Filled Qualifications: 1. VALID TENNESSEE LICENSE 2. CERTIFICATION IN AREA 3. MEETS ALL REQUIREMENT OF NCLB 4. COPY OF RESUME AND TRANSCRIPT
• Administers and Develops subject specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
• Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
• Assesses student progress towards learning targets, objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
• Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
• Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, appropriate behavior, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues.
• Demonstrates And Differentiates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addressing individual student requirements.
• Directs assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
• Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
• Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
• Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, cafeteria, playground, school grounds, hallways, restrooms, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
• Participates in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and to improve student achievement.
• Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, lesson plans following scope and sequence, correspondence with parents and students, examinations and quizzes, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
• Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, harassment, zero tolerance offenses etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to state law and board policies. • Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Responds to inquire from a variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, students, central office staff, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
• Supports other classroom teachers for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of established curriculum and/or individual student plans.
• Provides detailed plans for substitute teachers including lessons, schedules & rules regarding classroom organization, procedures and individual needs.
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, & facilities.
Other Functions • Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.