JobID 5003 : Transportation Vehicle Technician (#1667411)
27J Schools is seeking a Transportation Vehicle Technician. Performs diagnostics, repairs and maintenance of all district vehicles and equipment (112+ buses and 86 +White Fleet), work orders, Colorado Department of Education (CDE) annual inspections, state emissions, preventive maintenance inspections and inventory. Monitor hazardous material, provide input for CDE audit information, and enter and retrieve information accessing the transportation Fleet vision computer program. Work with community entities such as fire, police department, public service etc.
SALARY: Classified Grade Q, $20.92 - $24.05 per hour to start, depending on recent relevant experience. 8 hours per day, Monday – Friday. Eligible for benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Diagnose and repair, perform computer diagnostics on buses and micro birds, white fleet and small equipment; including Cummins, Caterpillar, International, Alldata, Ford IDS, Chevrolet, Toyota, and Nissan. Also includes Allison transmission, Webasto, and Top Hat pre-heaters, 24/7, Rosco and Zeus camera systems and Zonar.
- Perform electrical diagnostics on buses, micro birds, white fleet, snow plows, tractors, utility vehicles, mowers and other small equipment.
- Responsible for all roadside repairs via service call throughout the district for all vehicles and equipment noted above.
- Complete all repairs submitted via the work order system and responsible for completing all paperwork required upon completion of all repairs.
- Perform CDE Annual Inspections on buses, micro birds and trailers and perform state emissions on school buses.
- Perform PMO (Preventative Maintenance Operations) as well as A service (additional CDE Safety practices) on all district owned vehicles, to include trailers. Fuel propane buses when needed and assist drivers when necessary.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions including all in-services and First Aid/ CPR classes that are required by the district and CDE. Maintain a current CDL License and DOT Physical. Must keep CDE Annual Inspectors License current to ensure in compliance with all state and federal regulations. Attend classes and training offered by the department to keep current and updated on diagnostics, repairs, and inspections to ensure the department stays current and operates within state and federal regulations.
- Support Fleet Manager/Transportation Director with information regarding CDE Review of buses and other district owned vehicles to ensure they are in safe operating condition.
- Perform other duties as assigned to include driving students and following all requirements of payroll records.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING: High school diploma or equivalent; two years in medium/heavy duty auto mechanic/diesel training and basic knowledge of computers.
EXPERIENCE Two years of knowledge in emissions, diagnostic and vehicle repair and maintenance required. Have good safety and knowledge practices in and around shop, tools and others.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & EQUIPMENT: Basic math, writing, interpersonal, and communication skills. Knowledge of vehicle mechanical systems. Operating knowledge of and experience with buses, vans, maintenance trucks, diagnostic equipment, lawn mowers, and snowplows. Must provide basic tools and tool box.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS: Must obtain commercial driver’s license (CDL), Department of Transportation physical (DOT) exam and district physical provided by district, “B” License with P2-S endorsement, brake certification, first aid and CPR certifications within 90 days after hire. Emissions certification and annual inspection certification within one (1) year of hire.
Application Procedure: Apply online at www.workat27J.com
Please Note: All posted vacancies in the District close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Time.
- All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
REPORTS TO TRANSPORTATION DIRECTOR ///// SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ///// DIRECT BANKING REQUIRED ///// AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER /////27J SCHOOLS NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION. No otherwise qualified student, employee, applicant for employment or member of the public shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination under any district program or activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, disability or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age and genetic information is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law. Any person having inquiries concerning the District’s non-discrimination policies should contact: General Counsel, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601, (303) 655-2900 for inquiries regarding Section 504 and the ADA. Contact Chief Human Resources Officer, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601.