Software Application Specialist
CATALINA FOOTHILLS SCHOOL DISTRICT
Software Application Specialist
Hiring Pay Range: $52,811.20 - $56,068.48/ Year, DOE
Schedule: 7:30am - 4:00pm, M-F
40 hours per week, 12 months/ 261 paid work days per year
Job Location: Murphey Administrative Center
Target Start Date: 8/26/20
Definition: Under direction of the Director of Educational Technology, this individual performs the work of moderate difficulty developing, installing, maintaining and supporting district wide software applications.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.) Candidates considered must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, be highly motivated, a self-starter, and a team player who can work with or without supervision. Experience in job resource organization and scheduling is required. Must be highly organized and experienced in dealing with timeline priorities. Experience in the use, development and maintenance of database systems is essential. Experience in educational institutions is preferred.
- Provide training and support for teachers (both general and special education), staff, and administrators in the use of the district’s student information system (SIS) and grade book programs.
- Assist in setting up software and procedures at the school sites for:
- reporting student attendance and grades
- updating and maintaining student demographics and scheduling information
- creating reports for teachers and administrators using Excel and the tools available in the SIS
- integrating the SIS with third party applications.
- Maintain database systems to store and manage data necessary for the operation of other district applications such as library circulation, transportation, and food service.
- Assist with maintaining and administering the districts’ electronic mail system.
- Willingness and ability to travel to school sites and regional conferences and user group meetings, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge and an in-depth understanding of database systems and structures.
- Skill in fundamental troubleshooting skills.
- Skill with help desk procedures and in taking trouble calls from end users.
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and administrators.
- Skill in dealing with timeline priorities.
- Skill with writing and understanding SQL scripts.
- Skill in database maintenance and administration.
- Skill in using email, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of basic network infrastructure administration.
- Knowledge of basic library circulation systems and hardware.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of automated databases.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, charting, etc.), Word (mail merge, etc.), and SQL scripting a plus.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED and four years of experience administering software applications and databases.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
Functioning knowledge and/or experience in the use of Synergy SIS, SE, and Grade Book, Follett’s Destiny Library Circulation System. SchoolMessenger and Python, or another programming language.
Valid Arizona Driver’s license and clear driving record.