7th Grade Mathematics Teacher
Job Title: 7th Grade Mathematics Teacher
5K-10K Sign on Bonus with a 3 year Commitment
Job Classification: Exempt
Contract Length: 200 Days
Job Summary :
Position is responsible for creating a classroom environment to develop competencies in mathematical skills and an understanding of the structure of mathematics; to motivate each pupil to apply mathematical understanding and skills in the solution of practical problems; to prepare each student to meet the Virginia SOL standards.
1. Teaches content and skills in mathematics utilizing curriculum designated by Essex County Public Schools and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of Essex County Publixc Schools
3. Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional philosophy and congruent with course / SOL standards.
4. Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group, or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual student and the needs of identified subgroups of students.
5. Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
6. Evaluates each student’s progress meeting the course standards in mathematical knowledge and skills.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
8. Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve learning, health and attitude problems
9. Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
10. Supervise students in assigned out-of-class activities during the working day.
11. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
12. Administers testing in accordance with division testing practices.
13. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
Other Duties :
1. Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional activities.
2. Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school including PTA, student clubs and after-school activities.
3. Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centers.
4. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
Job Specifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required) Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field and meet the Virginia Department of Education licensure eligibility requirements to teach mathematics.
Must be eligible for, or in possession or an appropriate Virginia teaching license. Must possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, & the public.