JobID 4702 : Assistant Principal (#1644613)
Calendar: 223 Day
Priority Screen Date: Close of business on July 2, 2019
The Salt Lake City School District is currently seeking qualified applicants for Assistant Principal at West High School for the 2019-20 school year.
- Implements policies, procedures and/or processes for the purpose of providing direction and/or complying with mandated requirements.
- Focuses school resources and personnel on student achievement for student growth
- Manages a variety of school administrative functions (e.g. student disciplinary policy, school schedule,assigned personnel, etc.) for the purpose of enforcing school, district and state policy and maintaining safety and efficiency of school operations.
- Represents the school within community forums for the purpose of maintaining ongoing community support for educational goals and/or assisting with issues related to school environment.
- Supervises school personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall objectives of school's curriculum.
- Supports principal for the purpose of providing assistance with administrative functions.
- This position is supervised by the school principal
- Coaching and feedback interactions with teachers focused on improvement of classroom instruction
- Supervision and evaluation of the conduct/performance of all assigned personnel
- Professional growth development and delivery to engage staff in activities designed to support individual school/District goals and programs in order to improve student learning
- Facilitation of grade level data meetings to analyze student data with regard to the most effective practices which lead to higher student achievement regardless of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, or prior academic achievement
- Skill in incorporating culturally competent strategies and utilizing culturally responsive communication and engagement strategies with all members of the school community
- Demonstrated ability to implement effective teaching practices focused on supporting English Language Learners through appropriate English as a Second Language (ESL) strategies
- Data Analysis: Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret school-level student achievement data to guide professional development activities designed to improve student learning
- Ability to understand and implement achievement strategies based on the school’s School Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance for the purpose of fulfilling job requirements efficiently
- Masters degree in Education or related field
- State of Utah Administrative/Supervisory License or license from another state that is transferrable to Utah.
- Three years of experience in licensed K-12 education. Administrative intern experience will count for up to one year of credit toward three years of experience. Salt Lake City employees who performed two years of administrative internships in SLCSD will receive credit for both years.
- Professional Communication skills including, but not limited to: excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities, and emphatic listening and persuasive speaking skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work is performed in an office setting. This position may require travel, including driving, throughout the District and other locations for business-related purposes. General lifting in an office environment. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
Salary Schedule: Administrator