JobID 4220 : Talent Management Specialist - Candidate Outreach and Cultivation (#1631082)
Job Title: Talent Management Specialist - Candidate Outreach and Cultivation
Department: Talent Management
Reports To: Manager of Candidate Outreach & Cultivation
Number of Days: 12 Months
Security Access: Education Service Center
Current Date: June 12, 2019
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Our mission is to inspire and prepare every student to love learning, achieve ambitious goals and make positive contributions to our world.
Core Values: Our core values guide how we work and interact with each other at every level of the organization. We embrace and embody these values every day:
- Equity: All children deserve the opportunity to develop their full academic and social potential. Our diversity is a community treasure, and we must foster an inclusive environment by examining biases and resolving unfair practices.
- Character: We are honest, trustworthy and have high standards of behavior. We do the right thing even when it is hard. While we do not always agree, we treat one another with kindness and respect.
- Excellence: We work hard together and expect a lot of one another because high standards produce exemplary knowledge, skills, abilities and mindsets.
- Team: We care for one another, support the personal and professional development of one another, and work together to improve our community.
- Joy: Joy at school and at work makes us more productive, because when we create, innovate and imagine, our motivation grows. We want to ensure that everyone knows the excitement that comes from working deeply on a problem, task or concept and experiencing breakthrough moments.
Position Summary: The Talent Management team recruits and processes all hires of teachers
and support staff for our schools. This role will work directly with the Manager of Candidate
Outreach and Cultivation. This position is vital in achieving candidate outreach and cultivation
goals as well as managing and implementing a robust digital and print media strategy. The
Talent Management Specialist - Outreach and Cultivation will support recruitment strategies for
the district to source candidates for district teacher and support positions. Execution of
recruitment events, management of candidate pipeline, and management of online recruitment are the pillars of this position.
- High School Education or GED
- College degree preferred
- Five (5) years’ experience in public education
- Five (5) years’ experience in administrative support, project management or other related experience within human resources, human capital or personnel administration.
- Must be proficient in the use of Google Suite, Microsoft Office, internet use
- Working Conditions:
- Office, sedentary work, with limited exposure to elements and have the ability to lift no more than twenty pounds.
- Travel may be required during peak recruitment times. Travel will typically be day travel only, with occasional overnight travel.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions: The following duties are representative of performance expectations. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform essential functions.
- Assist with and support the ongoing implementation of the Tulsa Public Schools
- Provide assistance for candidates regarding Applitrack or current application tracking
- Develop relationships with prospective talent; serve as an ambassador of Tulsa Public
- Schools in a variety of settings, from career fairs and on-campus events to community
- Assist in the execution of or participation in career fairs, sourcing high quality candidates
- Assist with opportunities for potential candidates to become familiar with Tulsa Public
- Schools mission, vision, and opportunities
- Monitor the progress of prospective candidates through the recruitment process,
- ensuring timely communications and world class experiences
- Assist Manager of Candidate Outreach & Cultivation with the ongoing implementation of the Tulsa Public Schools recruitment strategies
- Assist in developing short- and long-term recruitment calendars, strategies, and
- programs to attract and select a strong, diverse team to Tulsa Public Schools
- Create, execute, and analyze media marketing plan
- Maintain job postings on popular and well-traveled job boards, as well as analyze
- Manage systems to track contacts made through cultivation, progress to date, and next
- Manage the production of print and digital recruitment materials, through relationship
- Promote our Tulsa Public Schools’ brand online and offline
- Support logistics and planning of Tulsa Public Schools career events
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities Required: The following characteristics and physical skills are important for the successful performance of assigned duties.
- Demonstrate equity, character, excellence, team, and joy
- Must have ability and desire to work within a team setting
- Provide a world class experience
- Must be able to hold to strict confidentiality rules
- Demonstrate personal characteristics of honesty, integrity and professionalism
- Social media marketing knowledge & experience
- This role does not directly supervise any individuals
Working Conditions: Exposure to the following situations may range from rare to frequent based on circumstances and factors that may not be predictable
- Regular office environment, including frequent use of electronic email, being able to sit for long periods of time without a break, etc.
- Must be able to perform in a high-stress environment with tight deadlines and multiple priorities
- Must be mobile in order to attend events and meetings outside of regular work hours
- Normal effort of occasional periods of light physical activity
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team of individuals who contribute to the district's mission with their talents, skills and energy. Tulsa Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, age or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Tulsa Public Schools also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact the District's Talent Management department at 918-746-6310, or the District's Human Rights and Title IX Coordinator at 918-746-6517. You can also direct your request for accommodation in writing to the Tulsa Public Schools Education Service Center, Attn: Talent Management, 3027 S. New Haven Ave., Tulsa, OK 74114-6131.