JobID 4679 : District Level Elementary Math Coach 1.0 (#1626742)
Job | Posted 5 days ago
Calendar: 195 Day
Priority Screen Date: June 16, 2019
Description: District Math Coaches have specialized knowledge of mathematics research, effective instructional strategies, and varied assessment practices. Specialists assist schools, teams, and individual educators with their efforts to successfully meet high standards and to increase student achievement.
- Current Utah Teaching License. APT license does not meet minimum requirements.
- Mathematics Endorsement. or able to obtain a math endorsement within 3 years.
- Three consecutive years of classroom experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with district personnel, school administrators, and teachers.
- Thorough understanding of mathematics, including the developmental stages and/or standards for appropriate age and grade levels.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and learning and the ability to model effective strategies.
- Experience working with diverse student populations.
- Experience working in collaborative groups in varied roles.
- Knowledge of the Utah Core Curriculum and Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build collaborative/cooperative relationships.
- Understanding of the value of data and appropriate use of assessment strategies and tools to support teachers in meeting student needs.
- Ability to reflect on personal practice.
- Ability to effectively use technology for various purposes, including teaching mathematics.
- Knowledge of research in mathematics pedagogy, best practices, curriculum and data.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Work Environment Requirements:
- Risks found in the typical work environment which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance for the purpose of fulfilling job requirements efficiently. Will be required to attend activities, events, and meetings outside of normal work hours on a regular basis.
- Driving to work locations
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work: however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, etc…
Salt Lake City School District
440 E 100 S, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84111
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338