JobID 4975 : SPED Significant Needs Behavior (#1625399)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
- Instruct students utilizing evidenced based literacy, math and affective education methodologies and instructional techniques.
- Integrate children into the general classroom when appropriate by modifying/adapting curriculum and activities.
- Plan instruction by using a variety of informal and formal assessment tools.
- Consult and collaborate with staff, students, parents and community to integrate needed support to students throughout the day.
- Administer and interpret formal, informal, and curriculum based measures.
- Develop effective positive behavior support plans.
- Monitor student academic and/or behavioral progress on a consistent basis.
- Participate in building level committees and district supported conferences.
- Utilize diagnostic skills; writing, organizational and scheduling skills; report writing and record keeping skills to complete required paperwork.
- Effectively supervise para-professionals assigned to the classroom.
- Utilize knowledge of the IEP process and state and federal regulations pertaining to IDEIA
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
As a collaborative member of the special education team, this person will consult and collaborate with special and general education teachers within a seamless, continuum of services model when delivering special education services for students with emotional disabilities. The teacher will implement services in both self-contained and integrated settings.
Must have or be eligible for Colorado Teaching License with Special Education Specialist, Generalist, Severe Needs Affective, or Educationally Handicapped endorsement
Position is posted to internal transfers for a minimum of seven calendar days or open until filled. Position is open until filled to external applicants.
Mesa County Valley School District No. 51
2115 GRAND AVENUE, GRAND JUNCTION, CO 81501-8063
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415