JobID 4211 : Plumbing Apprentice (#1611982)
Job Title: Plumbing Apprentice
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Number of Days: 12 Months
Compensation: Hourly Grade 09
Position Summary: Complete all assigned work orders in a timely manner. Report labor, cost and any pertinent notes/information regarding all assigned work orders and return to your foreperson daily.
Qualifications/Job Requirements: Education:
High School diploma or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc:
Care & use of common hand tools
- Must have current city state plumbing apprentice license.
Physical Requirements (If Applicable):
- Lifting - May exceed 50lbs
- Climb ladders and scaffolds
- Able to enter tunnels, ceiling areas, underneath buildings and mobile trailers as needed
- Must be a self starter.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be capable of relating to management staff and other employees.
- Skilled in operating all types of equipment assigned to department
- Must have general knowledge in all areas of job responsibilities
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in installation of new or repairs to existing plumbing fixtures, heating equipment, water and drainage systems, hot water heaters, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled
- Coordinates with others shops as needed
- Various other tasks as assigned by the Director and as needed