JobID 4893 : School Social Worker or School Psychologist - part time (#1596066)
Innovations and Options, a 27J School, is currently seeking a part-time School Social Worker or School Psychologist. This position will implement intervention techniques, consult with staff members, professionals and families as appropriate to assist in fostering a safe school environment and break down barriers to student success.
Participate as a member of the building level Problem-Solving Team (PST) to assist in synthesizing information in order to support the development of an appropriate intervention plan based on identified needs.
Consult with school staff regarding the implementation of research-based interventions for students experiencing mental health and/or behavioral related concerns/issues as appropriate:
a. May involve modification recommendations of the classroom environment, instructional styles or expectation levels for the student.
b. May involve serving as the liaison between the school, family and outside agencies regarding the students' concerns.
- As appropriate, performs comprehensive educational relevant evaluations to identify students' academic skills, learning aptitudes, personality and emotional development, adaptive behavior, and social skills.
- Facilitate and ensure compliance with the Individual with Disabilities Education Act, and state laws.
- Provide short-term group or individual counseling services as necessary and in accordance with building identified needs and/or a student's IEP. May involve developing and progress monitoring social-emotional and behavior IEP goals.
- Ensure that Functional Behavioral Assessments are completed with the support of designated team members in order to write and develop Behavior Intervention Plans, and help draft IEP goals related to behavior and social/emotional development.
- Participate in crisis intervention (threat/suicide assessments, safety plans, crisis intervention teams, building safety concerns, etc.) and as necessary, provide resources to students and parents.
- Provide consultation to 504 teams at the request of the 504 District and Building Coordinator and Building Administrator.
- Follow district, department and school policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and/or guidelines, and the provisions of the contract as well as exercise professional judgment when acting the in absence of a covering guideline or policy.
- Master's degree in School Social Work or EdS/PhD in School Psychology is required
- A valid Special Services License in Social Work or School Psychology from the Colorado Department of Education.
- A valid LCSW.
- Knowledge of current best practices in school-based prevention and early intervention strategies for students with mental health and/or social needs
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, conflict resolution and student and adult learning
- Demonstrated skills in data gathering and analysis
- Evidence of organization, planning and time management skills
- All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
Please note: All job postings in School District 27J close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time