JobID 4201 : Plumber Craftsperson (#1595201)
Job Title: Plumber Craftsperson
Reports To: Director and Maintenance Manager
Number of Days: 12 Months
Current Date: March 2, 2017
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: To maintain the highest quality plumbing service to the District. The Plumbing Craftsperson is expected to provide prompt quality service to every school every day. Provide a variety of tasks necessary to maintain the district’s plumbing equipment. Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather conditions and follow all safety requirements. Must report day-to-day operations to shop foreperson and/or lead-person, report and track material costs and maintain daily time sheet.
This position will require physical labor to include, but not limited to, the installation, removal, and relocation of plumbing equipment. This job may include working with outside contractors and vendors for new installation and replacement of plumbing equipment. This will also include working with other Maintenance shops for specialized project work as it pertains to plumbing throughout the school district.
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, have a positive attitude and capable of relating to management, staff and other employees.
- Must be conscientious, exhibit good workmanship in all areas of trade.
- Must have a state Journeyperson or Contractor license.
- Must maintain a current and valid Oklahoma Driver License.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions: The following duties are representative of performance expectations. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform essential functions.
- Assist in new installation and/or repairs to existing plumbing fixtures, heating equipment, water and drainage systems, water heaters, etc.
- Employee must be able to perform preventative maintenance as scheduled.
- Coordinate with other shops as needed.
- Keep records of time and material for all jobs.
- Various other tasks as assigned by the Foreperson and/or Lead as needed.
- Must be willing to work overtime without advance notice.
Skills and Abilities Required: The following characteristics and physical skills are important for the successful performance of assigned duties.
Must have and maintain a current Oklahoma driver’s license with no restrictions that would preclude driving on the job.
- A current and valid state Plumbing license.
- Must have a thorough understanding of city codes.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to use CMMS software.
- Must enforce all SDS requirements and city/state building codes.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Does not directly supervise any individuals.
Working Conditions: Exposure to the following situations may range from rare to frequent based on circumstances and factors that may not be predictable.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Working outside in various weather conditions.
- Working on roofs.
- Working around asbestos.