JobID 4200 : Electric Craftsperson (#1595193)
Job Title: Electric Craftsperson
Reports To: Director and Managers
Number of Days: 12 Months
Current Date: October 16, 2012
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Job Objectives: The Electrician is expected to perform a variety of duties including completing all assigned work orders in a timely manner. Reporting labor, cost and any pertinent notes/information regarding all assigned work orders and return to foreperson daily. Must be conscientious, have experience in all areas of job responsibilities and exhibit good workmanship.
- Must have current City and State craft licenses.
- Must have and maintain a current Oklahoma Drivers’ License.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions: The following duties are representative of performance expectations. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform essential functions.
- The primary responsibility of the Electrician is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Other responsibilities include installing and repairing wiring, electrical fixtures and fuse boxes using hand and power tools and following blue prints, schematics, color coding, specifications and operating instructions.
Skills and Abilities Required: The following characteristics and physical skills are important for the successful performance of assigned duties.
- In addition, the Electrician is responsible for trouble-shooting, installing fixtures/equipment, measuring, cutting and installing conduits in specified panels, testing continuity of circuits and repairing faulty systems, lifting and moving supplies, equipment and materials and for wearing protective clothing as required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Supervisory Responsibility: The Electrician may supervise, train and coordinate the activities of workers installing, maintaining and repairing electrical apparatus.
Working Conditions: Exposure to the following situations may range from remote to frequent based on circumstances and factors that may not be predictable.
- Inside and outside work in all conditions.
- Extreme weather conditions (heat/cold).
- Confined space entry.