JobID 4199 : Carpentry Craftsperson (#1595175)
Job Title: Carpentry Craftsperson
Reports to: Director of Maintenance, Carpentry Foreperson
Number of Days: 12 Months
Compensation: Grade 11
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Date Job Revised: May 30, 2007
Position Summary: A carpenter is defined as a craftsman with a skill and experience level greater than a helper or laborer, but less than a lead carpenter. The carpenter will generally have a smaller tool inventory and may need direction to perform more advanced carpentry skills. This position will be responsible for completing all assigned work orders in a timely manner. Work will include hanging doors, measure and mark materials for cutting, cut and drill wood and other material using hand and power tools. This position must report labor, cost and any pertinent notes/information regarding all assigned work orders and return to the foreperson daily.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc:
- Must have a general knowledge and/or experience in all areas of carpentry equipment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in all phases of construction.
Physical Requirements (If Applicable):
- Lifting - May exceed 50lbs
- Climb ladders and scaffolds.
- Must be a self starter, highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- Capable of relating to management staff and other employees.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and desire to learn all phases of job related activities.
- Ability to plan and coordinate work schedule to complete job assignment(s) without direct supervision.
- Skilled in operating all types of equipment assigned to department including craft associated equipment.
- Proficient at the following tasks: hang doors, drill and set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and common rafters, read blueprints, utilize appropriate math skills.
- Measures and marks materials for cutting. Cuts and drills wood and other materials using hand and power tools. Joins materials with nails, screws or glue. Checks accuracy of work with levels, rulers and measuring tapes.
- Ability to provide estimate of labor and material cost for projects upon request.
- Keep records of time and material for all jobs.
- Various other tasks as assigned by the Director and as needed.