JobID 4844 : Severe Needs Autism - Elementary (#1581747)
SUMMARY: As a collaborative member of the special education team, the SNB Teacher operates under the general direction of the building Principal and Executive Director of Student Services. This position works in a classroom environment implementing of individual education program/plan (IEP) for assigned Autism students. Teacher uses a unified curriculum, instruction, and assessment plan to implement evidenced-based teaching and learning methodologies in order to effectively teach students with challenging or counter-productive social/emotional behaviors. Employee leads and coordinates the SNB student’s Individual Education Plan implementation and must work cooperatively to facilitate interactions with para-professionals, special service providers, other students, staff and parents.
1. Instructs and teaches students utilizing District approved evidenced based education methodologies and instructional techniques. District utilizes a team teaching philosophy and employee works collaboratively to promote and enhance the special education department mission and goals.
2. Monitors student academic and/or behavioral progress on a consistent basis. Teacher uses a variety of informal and formal assessment tools to plan instruction and evaluate student progress. In as much as possible, Teacher works to integrate students with severe disabilities and modify/adapt curriculum for general classroom.
3. Implements behavior support plans as incorporated into the Individual Education Plan (IEP). Duties may include participation in Functional Behavior Assessment and/or Diagnostic Observation Screenings and Teacher provides input, feedback, and recommendations on IEP measures, progress, outcomes and opportunities for improvements.
4. This position has some aspects of supervisory duties providing task assignments, scheduling and supervision for classroom paraprofessionals as assigned. Teacher may have 1-3 para-professionals simultaneously and must monitor student activities/needs in order to have optimal outcomes. Teacher contributes timely information and updates toward the performance evaluation of assigned classroom staff.
5. Consults and collaborates with staff, service providers, students, and parents to integrate needed support to students throughout the school day. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing for the physical well-being and health care needs of students as necessary.
6. Completes all required special education and behavioral documentation and administrative reports as required by the federal and state statutes and District Policy. Provides information and documentation to the staff members as requested in regard to special education students, services, progress, and results. Other administrative duties include participation and contribution to building level committees, department level meetings, and district supported conferences.
7. Additional duties as assigned.
Must have or be eligible for Colorado teaching License with Special Education Generalist endorsement