Hiring Pay Range: $16.17 - $17.17 per hour DOE
40 hours per week, 10 months per year
Non Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Location: Orange Grove Middle School
Target Start Date: August 2024
Under immediate supervision of a librarian or library media specialist performs work of moderate difficulty maintaining library inventory and records and providing service to library users.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
- Monitors students using library facilities and assures their conformance to school rules and regulations while in the library;
- Assists staff and students in locating library materials and obtaining research and reference material;
- Checks out materials for students and staff;
- Catalogs, classifies and processes new library materials in preparation for circulation;
- Shelves library materials;
- Processes and monitors purchase requests for new materials and monitors budget;
- Enters data, maintains and backs up the automated catalog database system;
- Generates and distributes routine periodic reports such as overdue notices and missing books;
- Assists in whole class instruction of library skills;
- Cleans and maintains library facilities;
- Coordinates the activities of parent and student volunteers working in the library;
- Creates bibliographies for student and teacher reference;
- Creates bulletin boards and displays;
- Troubleshoots audio-visual and computer problems for users;
- Performs miscellaneous clerical work such as copying, filing and faxing;
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of automated school or public library operations
- Knowledge of the Dewey decimal system and the cataloging rules of the Library of Congress
- Knowledge of automated library databases
- Knowledge of standard library management reference tools and library equipment, including microfiche machines and audio-visual equipment
- Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, students and parents
- Skill in providing customer service to library users
- Skill in maintaining the library collection
- Skill in monitoring students
- Skill in performing accurate data entry and using the automated database
Minimum Required Qualifications:
High School diploma or GED and six months of experience working in an automated school or public library.
Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Level I - IVPP Fingerprint Clearance card through Arizona Department of Public Safety.
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
In CFSD, we value a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in District policy ACA-Sexual Harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, or disability.