Uintah Elementary - PT (3.5 hrs.) Media Specialist Aide (#1574338)
A position has been declared open in the Weber School District at Uintah Elementary for an Elementary Librarian. This position is for 3.5 hours per day, 9 months per year. Weber District employees may send a resume to the school principal. Applicants outside the District may apply on Teachers-Teachers.com Files will be reviewed before interviews are scheduled.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED, AFTER A MINIMUM OF 3 WORKING DAYS
Purpose Statement The job of Media Aide-Elementary was established for the purpose/s of promoting, supporting and encouraging literacy; maintaining library collection and controlling audio visual equipment at school site; assisting students, staff and community in utilizing library resources; performing clerical functions related to collection, processing, circulation, maintenance, and inventory of library materials.
Essential Functions • Assists teachers, students, and other personnel for the purpose of researching materials for use in classroom and/or to enhancing class assignments.
• Catalogs books using computerized cataloging programs (e.g. order books, receive books, stamp books, laminate dust covers, attach library tape, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining inventory controls and/or preparing books/materials for check out from the library collection.
• Conducts activities (e.g. Read Across America, book fairs, contests, etc.) for the purpose of promoting literacy through the use of library/media resources.
• Encourages the use of library resources (e.g. accelerated reader program, creative story presentations, contests, displays, decorations, Read Across America, book fairs, etc.) for the purpose of promoting literacy.
• Inventories books, audio-visual equipment, and materials housed in the library (e.g. documenting losses, discarding books that are damaged or out of date, etc.) for the purpose of and/or maintaining availability of materials.
• Maintains files and/or records (e.g. class schedules, books read, collection development, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of library facilities and/or providing an up-to-date reference source.
• Maintains library in a neat and orderly fashion for the purpose of ensuring an environment conducive to learning.
• Monitors student behavior while in library for the purpose of creating an effective working and learning environment.
• Orients students (e.g. classification system, care of materials, library skills, Internet lessons, learning about authors, etc.) for the purpose of educating them on the proper use of the library resources.
• Performs routine and preventive maintenance of media and in-library computer equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
• Processes documents and/or materials (e.g. notices, library materials orders, circulating materials, check in/out books, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining library/media collection.
• Repairs/Replaces books, materials, and audio-visual equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of books, library materials and equipment.
• Responds to inquiries (e.g. parents, students, teachers, staff, vendors, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or direction as may be required.
Other Functions • Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Must be able to operate equipment used in the repair of library/media materials; operating pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records. Must have knowledge of elements of library operation and common office machines; and age appropriate activities. Must be able to work with frequent interruptions; being attentive to detail; and displaying mechanical aptitude as well as displaying comfort with technology and willingness to continue to learn when more technology becomes available. Experience: Job related experience is required. Education: High School diploma or equivalent.