JobID 1131 : Special Education CDC School Nurse (#1572646)
Job | Posted a month ago
Special Needs Classroom Nurse
- To provide care for those with mental or developmental disabilities, maximizing educational opportunities in the classroom.
- Implement the IHP (Individual Health Plan) to include, but not limited to, assisting with feeding and personal care needs.
- Support engagement in educational activities.
- Collaborate with teachers or other school district personnel and others as needed to meet student health needs.
- Confer with school district staff and professionals to interpret health and developmental assessments.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by classroom teacher, supervisors or other administrators.
- Uses medical equipment to provide health care to students.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, symptoms, diagnoses, treatments, first aid, illnesses and injuries, nutrition, and related areas.
- Ability to provide care for students.
- Ability to convey appropriate medical information to school district staff or medical professionals to ensure a proper maintenance in the school setting.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed for position.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Electronic Medical Records, Word, Excel, Power point, the Internet, Outlook, electronic mail).
- Ability to problem solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and students with special needs.
- Ability to follow oral and written orders from classroom teacher, supervisors, administrators, physicians, and to coordinate work with principal, teachers and others.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Adheres to all applicable professional safety standards and practices in the nursing field, including requirements set forth in federal and state law, and Occupational Safety and Health regulations.
- Implements Board Policy regarding Blood Borne Pathogens and other Board policies regarding the medical or health care of employees and students.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- Work in standard school building environment.
- Exposure to body secretions, blood borne pathogens, medicine and medicinal supplies, illnesses and diseases.
Any combination of education, licenses, certifications and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Must meet qualifications of a school nurse as defined in state regulations.
- Successful experiences working with pediatric population, preferably in a community or school setting desirable.
License or Certificate:
- Registered professional nurse, designated as R.N. as defined and determined by state law, and currently licensed in the state.
- Current certification in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Must be a licensed Registered Nurse.
Bradley County School District
800 South Lee HWY, Cleveland, TN 37311
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $9,312 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 4%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.06
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 874