JobID 281 : ELD (ELL) Teacher - Riverview School (#1569665)
NOTE: Roaring Fork Schools also accepts and reviews applications for this position as taken from general district hiring pools (concurrently posted to this site). Any applicant interested in or open to multiple opportunities district-wide is highly encouraged to apply to the appropriate pool(s), instead-of or in-addition-to applying here, for district-wide consideration. However, be advised that, even if you do not apply to the pool(s), you may be contacted regarding openings other than those to which you apply, should your qualifications be deemed a match.
Riverview School seeks a English Language Development (ELD) Teacher for the 2019-20 school year and beyond. This teacher will serve to instruct and assist English Language Learners with literacy and core academic content in a Dual Language environment, and in concert with homeroom teachers teaching in both English and Spanish.
ELD teachers at Riverview will work closely and collaboratively with their team to develop and implement the RFSD instructional model, and will be supported through ongoing coaching cycles to help the continuous improvement of their craft. Riverview seeks a positive and proactive individual who strives to build strong relationships with parents, students, and colleagues and embraces the mission and vision of our school.
* Colorado Teaching License (varies)
* ELD and/or language aquisition experience/training (preferably, including CDE endorsement in ELD/CLD)
* Experience teaching a diverse population of students including English Language Learners and previous work with intentionally implementing culturally responsive instruction
* Strong background in literacy and mathematics instruction
* Speaking and/or writing ability in Spanish
Desired Core Competencies:
* Openness to coaching, feedback, and reflection in order to continuously improve practices.
* Values driven instructional leadership and professionalism
* Personal ownership and passion for improving outcomes for all learners
Application Deadline: Open until filled
NOTE: An instructional demonstration will be required of all finalists, and the video-recorded submission of this demonstration may be required.
The Roaring Fork Schools mission is to ensure that every student develops the enduring knowledge, skills and character to thrive in a changing world.
Why Work for Roaring Fork Schools? Mary says it all! Check us out at: https://youtu.be/nYEsuFVucJ8