Stipend Range: $1,200.00 - $1,433.00, DOE
Location: Catalina Foothills High School
Target Start Date: 8/8/2022
Under general supervision of Head Coach, Athletic Director and Principal
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
Coaching and/or playing experience in assigned sport
Knowledge and background in assigned sport
Professional development activities in pedagogy and methodology of the assigned sport
CPR certified prior to second full season
Athletes and team assigned. Assumes supervisory control over all athletes in program when such control is needed.
To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the head coach and school administration. To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual and team success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies approved by the Board of Education and is responsible for implementation.
- Has knowledge of the existing school district, state and region regulations; implements same consistently.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all students and parent requests or grievances through proper channels. I
- Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation within the school sports program and school community.
- Assists head coach in scheduling, providing transportation to tournaments and special sport events.
- Assists in preparation for scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Provides to the athletic director documentation necessary to fulfill school, district, and state requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent and eligibility.
Equipment and Facilities:
- Is accountable to the head coach for all equipment. Collects the cost of any equipment lost or not returned.
- Arranges issuing, marking and storing of equipment and submits an annual inventory and current records. Coordinates all equipment processing with the equipment manager.
- Monitors locker rooms, equipment room, training room, and coaches’ offices and authorizes all who may enter.
- Secures all doors, lights, windows and locks before leaving building.
- Coordinate with custodial staff on duty.
- Instills in each player a respect for equipment and school property, its care and proper use.
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District’s policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.