JobID 1120 : Band Teacher (#1563784)
This position is for a classroom teacher who will be responsible for the instruction of (3) 90-minute periods a day in Wind ensemble classes, Music Appreciation classes, marching band, and concert band. Additional time will be required for marching season and summer band camp. Other professional and administrative duties may be required as prescribed
The individual who fills this position should have a genuine call to the educational profession and a desire to see young people reach their full potential. While classroom management is a required element, the creativity of lesson planning, instruction, and assessment are also key elements. Applicants who can add to the overall climate and culture of the school are also desired.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct high school instrumental performers, including concert band, soloists, and ensembles.
- Assist with band participation at extra-curricular events, including concerts, football games, pep rallies, parades, etc.
- Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data) to determine program effectiveness and ensure that program renewal is continuous and responds to student needs.
- Oversee process of cleaning, repairing, and storing all band equipment.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual student differences.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Bradley County Schools, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Comply with federal and state laws, as well as School Board policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain professional relationships with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
[TN] State Certification as a High School Teacher.
[TN] Endorsement Codes:
Instrumental/General Music K-12 (429)
Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
FLSA Status: Exempt