JobID 239 : A.M. Before-school (MESA) Group Leader (#1559172)
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Prospect Ridge AcademyCreating Academic, Social, and Ethical Leaders
This position will be hired for the 2019-2020 academic school year.
This position will generally work before school between the hours of 6:45 a.m. and 8:15 a.m. with the last 30 minutes being front playground duty. Monday through Friday while the students are in session, as well as some full days during teacher workdays. There will also be occassional opportunity to work after school from 3:15 to 6:00 p.m. Work location will be both inside and outside unless inclement weather necessitates staying indoors. This position can work with Kindergarten thru 5th grade.
MESA (Before School) Group Leader Job Description
All employees at Prospect Ridge Academy work together to create academic, social, and ethical leaders. Every employee at Prospect Ridge Academy is expected to deliver exceptional customer service skills to our students, parents, and PRA community. Prospect Ridge Academy is a dynamic school, subject to changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, and evolving culture. Adaptability to change is essential. This job description is an overview of duties and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
The MESA Group Leader is responsible for providing an enthusiastic, safe and enjoyable after and/or before school environment. The Group Leader must have an enthusiastic personality and enjoy working in both indoor and outdoor environments with children. A sense of fun, concern for safety, and an interest in working with children is essential, as is being a good role model. The Group Leader assists the Director in all aspects of running this licensed childcare facility. This position will accomplish these duties while working with students, parents, teachers and other staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Prospect Ridge Academy Mission Statements.
The MESA Group Leader at PRA will
- Assist with opening and closing the MESA facility.
- Close and alarm the MESA facility when all students have left.
- Supervise and run one of the three MESA classrooms effectively and efficiently with regard to the environment, activities, behavior, and discipline
- Arrive on time consistently in order to prepare for the day and to greet/sign-in the children
- Monitor and direct all children in the area at all times
- Clean and maintain the classroom/playground environment
- Interact with, and engage the children in a positive manner
- Provide constant, supportive and professional communication with staff, parents, and children
- Implement positive methods of discipline and guidance
- Assist Director and other Mesa staff as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work hours require the Group Leader to work from approximately 3:00/3:30–6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday as determined by program Director and program needs
- Occasionally program may require the Group Leader to work from 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. during the week.
- Occasionally full day programming will also require a full 8 hour shift between 7:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. These dates will be pre-arranged and with notice.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age per licensed daycare regulations
- Must have 480 hours of satisfactory and verifiable experience with school age children
- Current First Aid and CPR certification is required or the ability to obtain certification within a set time-frame
- Medication training is preferred
- Participate in at least 15 hours of MESA training annually
- Ability to assess children’s needs and plan and organize accordingly
- The ability to physically demonstrate the skills necessary for the sport being coached
- The employee is regularly required to talk, walk, stand and hear
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, grasp, and perform light lifting
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with parents, students, staff, vendors, Administrators and various school visitors
- Ability to read, write and interpret various documents such as rules, policy and expectation, agreements, rubrics, scope and sequence documents, and assessment documents
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups
- Ability to apply an entrepreneurial outlook and a charter school commitment
- Strong organizational and the ability to coordinate different tasks
- Strong interpersonal, and customer service skills while working with a diverse population
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to be self motivated
- Ability and skill to use sound judgment as determined by the specific situation
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
This position reports to the MESA Director.
Work is occasionally regularly performed inside and outside with occasional exposure to extreme temperatures. Work is performed in all weather conditions and includes exposure to moderate and sometimes loud noise. This is a highly public position that includes contact with students, staff, Administrators, Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors and parents. Occasionally work may consist of ten (10) plus hour days with weekend work as needed.