JobID 1763 : Music Teacher (K-8) (#1557596)
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or handicap in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to Human Resources, Mapleton Public Schools, 7530 N. Broadway, Denver, CO 80229. (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
THIS POSITION IS FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
POSITION: Music Teacher (K-8)
LOCATION: Global Primary Academy (K-3) & Global Intermediate Academy (4-8)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 23, 2019
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants must fill out a District application at www.mapleton.us. Current employees may e-mail a letter of interest and resume to Erica Branscum, Assistant Superintendent, Talent Recruitment and Development at HR@mapleton.us.
- Colorado teaching license with an appropriate content area endorsement required.
- Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education preferred.*
*Or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework.
Job responsibilities and expectations:
- Provide engaging general music instruction to K-5 students
- Provide engaging performance/music based instruction to middle school students
- Provide student performances during the school year
- Experience working with diverse learners
- Model effective strategies for supporting positive student behavior
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners
- Collaboration with all stakeholders to carry out the mission of the school and music program
- Demonstrates knowledge of national, state and local performing arts standards
- Utilizes standards to plan and deliver instruction and assess student proficiency