Weber High School- Child Development Lab Facilitator ( 5 hrs) (#1553656)
A position has been declared open in the Weber School District at Weber High for a Child Development Lab Aide. This position is for 5 hours per day, 9 months per year. Weber District employees may send a resume to the school principal. Applicants outside the District may apply on Teachers-Teachers.com. Files will be reviewed before interviews are scheduled.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED, AFTER A MINIMUM OF 3 WORKING DAYS
Purpose Statement: The job of Child Development Aide - Nursery was established for the purpose/s of assisting in the supervision and instruction of infants and toddler-aged children and their student parents; performing classroom clerical tasks; assisting children in meeting health care needs and developing children's daily living skills.
Essential Functions: • Administers first aid to children as may be required for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs.
• Assists infants and toddlers as requested by parents (e.g. dressing, changing diapers, etc.) for the purpose of providing appropriate care to children and maintaining a quiet infant sleep area.
• Cleans work areas (e.g. changing tables, cribs, sinks, linens, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary environment.
• Instructs student-parent in proper parenting techniques (e.g. proper feeding, toilet training, bedding, proper clothing, play techniques) for the purpose of creating a caring, safe, nurtured environment for the infant.
• Launders clothing and diapers for the purpose of having available clean clothing for the infants and children in the program.
• Maintains child care facilities for the purpose of ensuring a sanitary and safe environment for infants and toddlers.
• Organizes indoor/outdoor, quiet/active play activities appropriate to age group for the purpose of actively participating with children on scheduled hours and days.
• Oversees Student-parent program participants for the purpose of assisting them in their duties and maintaining records related to their attendance.
• Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, keeping infant immunization records etc.) for the purpose of supporting the teacher and/or administrator in providing necessary records/materials.
• Receives and delivers children directly from/to parents or designee for the purpose of ensuring safety of children and meeting district requirements.
Other Functions • Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Must be able to adhere to safety practices. Must have knowledge of safety practices and procedures. Must be able to adapt to changing work priorities.
Experience: Job related experience is required. Education: High School diploma or equivalent.