JobID 357 : Paraprofessional (#1551311)
JOIN OUR TEAM AS A PARAPROFESSIONAL!
SOS Group collaborates with schools to create innovative solutions, implemented with pride, passion, and knowledge to improve the student experience every day and we’re looking for individuals to join our team! Learn more at www.sosgroupinc.com.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists and guides students to reinforce reading, language arts, mathematics, and other skills taught by the classroom teacher
- Works with students individually and in small groups to reinforce basic learning and implement assigned programs taught by the classroom teacher.
- Responsible, at times, for implementing student modifications and/or accommodations under the direction and supervision of the special education or regular education classroom teachers.
- Assists in classroom preparations and strategies as directed by the classroom teacher for reinforcing instructional materials and skills according to individual student needs.
- Assists with record-keeping procedures to document student learning and performance.
- Assists with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom, and ensure students are on task.
- Communicate with classroom teacher and/or school specialists regarding student learning objectives, student strengths and barriers, and the professional staff’s instructional focus.
- Coordinate planning time and instructional time with Site Supervisor, classroom teacher, and/or other professional staff.
- Based on student’s needs, may be required to assist with toileting routine.
- Perform other duties as assigned including non-instructional duties such as lunch supervision, duplication and adaptation of materials, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others in the classroom and other school locations including but not limited to hallways, busses, job sites, and community based instruction settings.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
- Adequate visual and auditory acuity to monitor students and perform clerical work.
- Ability to follow a schedule.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand, apply, and use personal computers and software applications such as Microsoft Word.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible with daily routines.
- Ability to record data utilizing various data collection tools.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to complete necessary work physically and cognitively
- Ability to operate office equipment required.
High School Diploma or GED
Applicants have one of the following:
1. Have completed at least two (2) years of postsecondary study;
2. Possess an associate degree or higher;
3. Met a rigorous standard of quality as demonstrated through a state or local assessment, such as Pennsylvania Special Education Paraeducator Credential of Competency
This position requires:
- A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license,
- Medical examination/Tuberculosis test as per Pennsylvania law,
- Act 114 - FBI Clearance http://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pdeNew.htm
- Act 34 – Pennsylvania State Police "Request for Criminal Record Check" https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Act 151 - Childline Clearance https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
CONTINUOUS TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
When required by the position, each school year, instructional paraprofessionals shall provide evidence of 20 hours of staff developmental activities related to their assignment.
Information listed above is subject to change.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability or disabilities to perform the primary duties and responsibilities of the job.