JobID 1755 : Teacher - 4th Grade (#1547911)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.? Inquiries may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 7350 N. Broadway, Denver, CO 80221. (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
POSITION: 4th Grade Teacher
LOCATION: Meadow Community School
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants must fill out a District application at: www.mapleton.us. Current employees must e-mail a letter of interest and resume to Erica Branscum, Assistant Superintendent, Talent Recruitment and Development at HR@mapleton.us
- Colorado teaching license with a elementary education endorsement required.
- Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education also required (or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework).
STANDARD ONE: LEARNING COMMUNITY
- Participating in professional development to support academic growth.
- Incorporating the 10 common principles from the Coalition of Essential Schools into all aspects of the school day.
- Implementing effective strategies for supporting positive student behavior.
- Establishing and maintaining effective classroom management.
- Participate in data-teams with teammate to interpret data and plan next steps
STANDARD TWO: ACCOUNTABILITY
- Committing to using a variety of instructional deliveries including, but not limited to, cooperative learning, authentic assessments, and inquiry based instruction.
- Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to a standards based system of planning and delivering instruction and assessment.
- Aligning intervention processes with standards and assessments established by the District and State.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of exhibitions of student learning.
- Delivering district and school initiatives with fidelity.
STANDARD THREE: COLLABORATION
- Engaging in collaboration with all stakeholders to carry out the mission of the school.
- Collaborating with administrators, instructional guide, and colleagues to provide a responsive and supportive environment for all learners.
STANDARD FOUR: EQUITY AND DIVERSITY
- Demonstrating and holding high expectations for all students to succeed.
- Demonstrating a willingness and ability to meet the diverse needs of learners (including students with special needs, at-risk, linguistically, and culturally diverse) by adjusting curriculum and working cooperatively with other staff.
- Participating in research based professional development to enhance instructional practices.