JobID 1108 : Elementary Education Supervisor (#1539375)
Supervisor of Elementary Education
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Supervisor of Elementary Education is responsible to the Director of Schools for the administration, coordination, and supervision of Elementary Education.
Responsibilities include oversight of all elementary schools and the Lighthouse Learning Center and include the management of curriculum and instruction.
Role and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
The Supervisor of Elementary Education is responsible for goal setting, planning, organizing, coordinating, decision-making, and communicating with central administration and school-based personnel in all areas involving elementary education.
- Guides and supports student learning and achievement in elementary programs
- Works to forecast, plan, implement, and improve the elementary instructional program to support school improvement
- Helps define and interpret the district’s educational goals, particularly those related to the District’s Strategic Plan for elementary education
- Assists in the development and implementation of the District Improvement Plan
- Facilitates collaboration and communication among departments within Central Office
- Participates in departmental staffing recommendations, problem-solving, public relations, and development of policy and procedures
- Contributes toward professional growth and performance through planning and providing professional development opportunities for elementary and personnel
- Collaborates with curriculum instructional leaders on design, development, and trainings
- Supports, develops, and provides administrative trainings
- Participates in research, textbook selection, the setting of grading standards, and the effective utilization of facilities for schools
- Coordinates with Human Resource and the Director of Schools on the enrollment and staffing of all elementary schools
- Serves as a liaison to elementary families
- Responds to elementary parent concerns and inquiries and coordinates resolutions with schools
- Coordinates elementary principal meetings
- Develops new principal leadership
- Serves as a liaison to community organizations and serves on community boards as requested
- Works collaboratively with Pre- K to provide oversight and coordinate programs and curriculum
- Provides oversight of The Lighthouse Learning Center, Elementary Guidance Counselors, District Learning Support Specialist, Technology Coaches, Music Teachers and specialty teachers in elementary schools as designated
- Facilitates retention and promotion appeals
- Assists in the planning and opening of expanding facilities and their programs
- Serves on District Leadership Team and attends meetings with the Director of Schools
- Develops and manages the budget for general elementary education, textbooks and school instructional materials
- Attends School Board Meetings
- Attends school and community events
- Communicates with university personnel to improve teacher-training programs and facilitates intern placement
- Conducts school visits
- Performs teacher evaluations
- Performs other duties as required
Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent with state certification in Supervision/Administration or Educational Leadership, Administration, School Principal or an equivalent certification. Three (3) years successful administrative or supervisory experience and five (5) years related professional experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
job requirements: Minimum Qualifications
- School and district policies
- Curriculum frameworks
- Effective instructional practices and materials
- Staff development approaches
- Student and program assessment
- Budget management
Communication Skills- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from parents, teachers, administrators and supervisors, and the general public in a respectful and knowledgeable manner.
Mathematical Skills- Ability to oversee and administer a budget; work with enrollment numbers and projections
Critical Thinking Skills- Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and solutions.
- Relate well and work collaboratively with parents, teachers, administrators, and classified staff
- Lead planning and implementation efforts in the area of instruction
- Effectively supervise teachers and administrators
- Communicate clearly, orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective organization, community, and public relationships
- Implement systems for insuring that legal mandates are met
This position requires visiting and oversight of 11 elementary schools and the Lighthouse Learning Center, attending numerous school and community events during and outside the school day, and sitting for extended periods of time in meetings, trainings. Must prepare presentations and training and have capability to present information to large or small groups.
Requires seeing, hearing, keyboarding/writing, use of machines, equipment, and computer software programs.
Mental Demands: ANALYTICAL ABILITY / PROBLEM SOLVING / DECISION MAKING
Comprehensive and very intense mental demand. Continual involvement with multiple people, departments and/or organizations. Must be able to define problems, collect information, establish facts, draw conclusions, and make strategic decisions.
Must be self-motivated and self-monitoring with high expectations for performance of self and others.
|Education:||Master’s Degree or Higher in Job Related Area|
|Certificates & Licenses:||Degree in Administration/Supervision or Educational Leadership|
|Clearances:||Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background|
|Location:||Bradley County Schools’ Administrative Central Office|
|HR Contact:||Sarah Crispin|