High School Volleyball Assistant Coach
Job | Posted 2 months ago
West Grand School District 1-Jt
Assistant Coach - High School - Girls Volleyball
Salary to be determined by years of experience and education
ASSIST HEAD VOLLEYBALL COACH AS FOLLOWS:
- Instructs student athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student athlete shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence. Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele.
- Develop and implement procedures for ensuring open communication with parents and athletes.
- Establish direction and expectations for all program participants.
- Establish supervision responsibilities for practice, games, team trips, and locker rooms.
- Develop and implement individual/team training plans by the day, week, month, year as appropriate.
- Monitor athlete attendance/behavior/academic status.
- Be responsible for, understand, adhere to, enforce, implement district, school and athletic policies along with CHSAA By-Laws.
- Ability to use approved first-aid and CPR skills.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of concussions and remove players that are exhibiting sign sand symptoms of concussions.
- Develop and implement a sport specific emergency response plan.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Has previous successful teaching, coaching and/or sport participation experience.
- Ability to organize and develop a high school girls volleyball program.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of girls volleyball and a willingness to examine new theories and procedures.
- Possess or has the ability to acquire a valid Colorado Coaching Certificate.
- Successfully pass the CHSAA Coaches Test, acquire CHSAA coaching registration and complete a concussion course per State Legislation and CHSAA By-Laws.
- CPR and AED Certification required.
- Heavy physical lifting (50 lb – items of various shapes and sizes)
- Overhead lifting and squatting required on a daily basis
- Repetitive motion
- Standing, bending and kneeling
- Eye/hand coordination
- Handling, talking, hearing and near acuity required
West Grand School District
715 KINSEY AVENUE, KREMMLING, CO 80459-0515
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415