JobID 4841 : Child Care Program Leader (#1535493)
DESCRIPTION: Supervise students between the ages of 5 years and 12 years before/after and full day Monday program, including maintaining daily records of attendance; preparing, planning, and implementing materials for small and large group activities; discussing issues with parents as appropriate; and collecting tuition.
Positions avaliable at Brantner, West Ridge and Reunion
SALARY: Classified Grade E, $13.34 - $15.34 per hour to start, depending on recent relevant experience. full shift Monday and Split Shift: Tues., Wed., Thurs., Fri. - 6:30-8:30 am and 3:00-6:00 pm 188 day / 9 month position. Not eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise children and ensure that the environment is safe, healthy and secure for the children and staff.
- Plan and prepare appropriate materials for daily activities, as well as organize craft projects, game playing, and assist children with homework.
- Prepare and clean-up after snack. Ensure that good hygiene is followed during snack time.
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment for children by cleaning the facility, sanitizing surfaces, putting toys and games away.
- Maintain daily records of attendance and know where children are at all times.
- Attend monthly staff meetings to discuss issues and concerns about children and activities. In addition, get information on changes within the district and child care programs.
- Receive tuition payments from parents when necessary. Handout and receive registration materials.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- CPR, First Aid and Universal precautions certifications required within one month of hire.
- Medication Administration and delegation training must also be acquired within 1 month after hire.
- 15 hours of child care training within the 12 months.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a post offer, pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
- 3 months of full time satisfactory and verifiable experience working with school-age children.
- Ability to manage confidentiality in all aspects of job, manage multiple priorities, manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, ability to diffuse and mange volatile and stressful situation.
- Some personal computer, keyboarding, word processing and telephone skills required.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.