JobID 4837 : Nutrition Services Manager - Brighton Learning and Resources Campus (#1535462)
DESCRIPTION: Perform supervisory and operational activities related to on-site school meal preparation and presentation, staff management, and financial records management for the Nutrition Services operation.
This posting is for Brighton Learning and Resources Campus.
SALARY: Classified Grade J, $16.51 - $18.99 per hour based on previous applicable experience. 6 hours per day, Monday through Friday, 9 month work schedule paid over 12 months. Position is eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and supervise activities related to food preparation per federal, state, and district guidelines.
- Complete, compile, and/or run various daily reports including menu worksheets, time sheets, labor sheet, banking check list, deposit slips, order forms for various supplies, enter sales from a la carte, and sales activity sheets. Ensure daily sales are deposited.
- Perform and/or supervise maintenance of data entered on customer accounts including receiving money, change of free and reduced status, change of address, special recommendations or restrictions from parents, setting up new accounts, assigning PIN number, refunding money to customers, and deleting customers withdrawing/leaving the district.
- Schedule and adjust employee hours and assignments based on staffing needs. Schedule self into rotation.
- Train and evaluate employees in food preparation, food handling, proper and safe use of equipment and sanitation, marketing strategies, customer relations, etc.
- Implement and communicate operating changes to daily routine, processes, and menus.
- Discuss nutrition regulations and all aspects of nutrition program with building principal, secretary, students, parents, teachers, other managers, and the community.
- Perform and/or supervise the collection of money from past due accounts by running Notice of Charges letter and/or by contacting parents by phone when necessary.
- Perform and/or supervise the completion of monthly report including CDE-13 state from and monthly labor report.
- Develop and implement promotions and marketing programs for the child nutrition programs.
- Attend and participate in manger and professional nutrition meetings as required.
- Physically count all food and non-food supplies and record the quantities on the inventory form.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math, writing, reading, communication, food preparation, customer service, negotiating, and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of large quantity food preparation and health department standards of sanitary food practices.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a stressful environment and deal with difficult situations and people.
- Bi-lingual skills helpful.
- Must be able to pass a post offer, pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
- 2-3 years of experience in large quantity food preparation, and supervision.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with institutional food preparation equipment, microcomputers, and QSP point-of-sale system required including troubleshooting.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
REPORTS TO NUTRITION SERVICES SUPERVISOR AND BUILDING PRINCIPAL ///// SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ///// DIRECT BANKING REQUIRED ///// AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER /////SCHOOL DISTRICT 27J NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION. No otherwise qualified student, employee, applicant for employment or member of the public shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination under any district program or activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, disability or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age and genetic information is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law. Any person having inquiries concerning the District’s non-discrimination policies should contact: General Counsel, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601, (303) 655-2900 for inquiries regarding Section 504 and the ADA. Contact Chief Human Resources Officer, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601.