JobID 1742 : Teacher - Physical Education (#1526568)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 7350 N Broadway, Denver, CO 80221. (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
THIS POSITION IS FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
SCHOOLS: Global Primary Academy (K-3rd) & Global Intermediate Academy (4th- 8th Grades)
POSITION: K-8 Physical Education Teacher
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants must fill out a District application at www.mapleton.us. Current employees may e-mail a letter of interest and resume to Erica Branscum, Assistant Superintendent, Talent Recruitment and Development HR@mapleton.us.
At Global Primary Academy & Global Intermediate Academy teachers utilize a global focus to help students develop powerful problem-solving and critical thinking skills. All staff work to develop collaborative relationships that support students, foster curiosity, build high learning expectations, and a climate/culture of respect and care. Currently, GPA and GIA are undergoing a transformational process into an International Baccalaureate school that serves students in grades K-8.
- Colorado teaching license with an Art Endorsement required.
- Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education preferred.* *Or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework.
- Experience in/with IB preferred
- Deep understanding of Colorado Academic Standards;
- Desire to grow professionally, be reflective, and seek out new opportunities;
- Experience using multiple formative and summative assessments to provide differentiated instruction;
- Experience using a range of effective instructional practices (active pedagogy) to give students support and multiple opportunities to meet or exceed standards;
- Experience designing standards-based learning experiences;
- Experience with ELL strategies integrated into core content instruction and assessments;
- Experience with developing inquiry-based instruction and project-based learning;
- Have a commitment to raising achievement among all students including high-need students, students with disabilities, advanced students, and those who are performing below grade level;
- Develop lesson plans which ensure instruction is paced well, encourages students to think critically, engages all students in authentic and productive learning, and ensures smooth classroom management;
- Provide students with skills necessary to meet or exceed the Grade Level Expectations of the Colorado Academic Standards with defined sequential outcomes, authentic and engaging work, and modeled assessment expectations;
- Clearly communicate student progress and achievements throughout course work with students and parents;
- Maintain professional communications and interactions with students, parent community, and staff;
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with colleagues across content areas. Collaboration includes participating in planning meetings to develop integrated instruction and improve teaching practices, implementing a rigorous curriculum, authentic instruction and multiple assessment strategies;
- Attend and take full advantage of professional development offered;
- Willing to undergo training in the International Baccalaureate Model;
- Model, instill, and actively participate in building a supportive and positive culture through character traits (IB Learner Profile);
- Perseverance in the face of challenges;
- Work with a growth mindset;
- All other duties as assigned.