JobID 3698 : English Language Development Secondary Instructional Coach (#1526008)
Job | Posted 5 months ago
POSITION: English Language Development Instructional Coach
Projected Start Date 7/29/2019
Work with the Administrative team at the school to improve student achievement by providing support, resources, and innovative ideas to the staff, specifically for emerging bilingual students.
Provide building and district level staff development as identified to meet the needs of English Language Learners (ELLs).
Provide direct support to teachers including demonstration and modeling of a variety of effective practices to meet the needs of all ELLs, utilizing the full coaching model of support.
- MA in Bilingual Education/Curriculum and Instruction or Educational Leadership.
- Must possess or qualify for a Colorado Teaching Certificate and must have demonstrated expertise. Must possess Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Educator endorsement (Linguistically Diverse Educator)
- 5+ years of classroom experience.
- Leadership Experience.
- Must be knowledgeable about research-based, effective teaching practices, and national and state content standards and curriculum, inclusive of English Language Development and bilingual education.
- Experience working with the Data Team Process
- Experience Analyzing and interpreting data to identify effective interventions.
- Experience working with at-risk populations and English Language Learners (ELLs).
- Possess and demonstrates a wide variety of instructional strategies and methods to serve ELLs.
- Demonstrate and utilize a variety of effective strategies, practices, and assessment techniques.
- Collaborate with building-level and district level staff.
- Perform at a professional level in all areas of teaching instructional management, interpersonal relationships, professional and general responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Adams County School District 14
5291 EAST 60TH AVENUE, COMMERCE CITY, CO 80022
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415