JobID 1737 : Teacher - English Language Arts (#1520376)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 7350 N. Broadway, Denver, CO 80221. (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
POSITION: English Language Arts Teacher
LOCATION: Academy High School
A high school with an emphasis on rigorous Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants must fill out a District application at: www.mapleton.us. Current employees must e-mail a letter of interest and resume to Erica Branscum, Assistant Superintendent, Talent Recruitment and Development at HR@mapleton.us
- Colorado teaching license with a secondary English/Language Arts endorsement required.
- Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education preferred (or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework).
- Secondary teaching experience in English/Language Arts and/or dual endorsement or experience in English/Language Arts and Social Studies is preferred
- Deep understanding of Colorado Model Content Standards and the Grade Level Expectations in all grade level expectations for Reading, Writing & Communications areas;
- Desire to grow professionally, be reflective, and seek out new opportunities;
- Experience using multiple formative and summative assessments to determine students’ level of proficiency provide feedback to students, and to create flexible groups for differentiated instruction.
- Experience using a wide range of effective instructional practices (active pedagogy) including inquiry-based instruction, to give students support and multiple opportunities needed to meet or exceed standards.
- Experience designing and/or collaborating on standards based learning experiences, including identifying and preparing course materials, which supports student’s skill development in English/Language Arts especially related to cross content course work
- Experience with ELL strategies integrated into core content instruction and assessments and/or CLD certificate/endorsement;
- Experience with developing problem-based instruction and project-based learning.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Have a commitment to raising achievement among all student including high-need students, students with disabilities, and those who are performing below grade level;
- Develop rigorous and relevant lesson plans, which ensure instruction is connected to standards, differentiated to support learning, engages all students in authentic and productive learning, and ensures smooth classroom management.
- Provide students with skills necessary to meet or exceed the Grade Level Expectations of the Colorado Model Content Standards with defined sequential outcomes, authentic and engaging instruction, and modeled assessment expectations.
- Clearly communicate student progress and achievements throughout course work with students and parents;
- Maintain professional communications and interactions with student, parent community, and staff;
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with colleagues across content areas and participate in planning meetings to develop integrated instruction and improve teaching practices, including rigorous curriculum, authentic instruction and multiple assessment strategies;
- Assist students in making connections between core course of study and STEM concepts in a supportive learning environment;
- Attend and take full advantage of professional development offered;
- Model, instill, and actively participate in building a supportive and positive culture through Academy’s six-character pillars;
- Perseverance in the face of challenges.