JobID 1732 : Teacher - 4th Grade (#1513914)
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 7350 N Broadway, Denver, CO 80221 (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
School: Clayton Partnership (K-8)
Position: 4th Grade Teacher
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants may fill out an application which is on the District web site: www.mapleton.us. In district applicants email a letter of interest to Erica Branscum, Assistant Superintendent, Talent Recruitment and Development at HR@mapleton.us.
- Colorado teaching license with an elementary endorsement required. Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education also required.* * or willingness to pursue endorsement.
K-8 Clayton Partnership is interested in masterful teachers to support the mission of the school by:
Standard One: Learning Community
- Coordinating multiple adult interactions to support the instructional focus for students.
- Serving as mentor, co-teacher, and colleague in study groups, seminars, committees, and other professional collegial activities.
- Developing a common shared professional vision of teaching and learning grounded in research and practitioner knowledge.
- Developing and implementing learning experiences and assessment processes that allow students and pre-service teachers to demonstrate what they know and are able to do.
- Developing and implementing new approaches for examining and improving instructional practices through ongoing inquiry-based reflection.
- Modeling effective strategies for supporting positive student behavior.
- Willingness to loop with students.
- Supporting field experiences and clinical practice of pre-service teachers both during and outside of the contract day.
- Supporting the learning of students, pre-service teachers, and colleagues.
- Using ongoing inquiry-based reflection to analyze instructional practices and making constructive changes.
- Participating in professional development during and outside of the contract day and for two weeks during the summer.
- Developing assessments, collecting information, and using results to inform instruction and improve practice.
- Participating in a process of ongoing assessment, reflection, and action that results in continuous improvement of learning for all learners.
- Participating in the development of appropriate and consistent ways to provide the public with evidence regarding the achievement of goals.
Standard Three: Collaboration
- Engaging in collaboration with all stakeholders to carry out the mission of the school.
- Collaborating with university partners to improve learning outcomes for both students and pre-service teachers.
- Collaborating with university partners to plan and implement the curriculum and instruction for pre-service teachers.
- Collaborating with administrators, instructional coach, university partners, teachers, and pre-service teachers to provide a responsive and supportive environment for all learners.
Standard Four: Equity and Diversity
- Ensuring equitable learning opportunities and outcomes for students and pre-service teachers.
- Differentiating instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
- Engaging in systematic examination of how the alignment of curriculum, instructional approaches and assessment strategies affect outcomes for all learners.