JobID 1628 : PREVENTION COORDINATOR (CC# 1353) (#1512646)
Job | Posted a month ago
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Education or a related field, preferred
- Bilingual, preferred
- Arizona Teaching Certificate preferred / 3 years teaching experience, preferred
- Experience in multicultural-multilingual school setting, preferred
- Knowledge of community resources
- Counseling experience, preferred
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of school-based programs that support students, families, parents, community, and homeless interests in an urban, K-12 school environment
- Effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills, with an emphasis on communications with students, parents, collaborative decision making teams, and the community.
- Provide leadership in the development of a successful district prevention plan and work with administrators and staff in delivering research-based prevention programs.
- Provides leadership in the development and alignment of K-8 prevention and curriculum.
- Provides leadership in the organization of prevention staff development opportunities.
- Evaluates the use of K-8 prevention programs and services within the district.
- Oversees all K-8 prevention programs and services.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of grants.
- Oversees all K-8 prevention budgets from all funding sources.
- Coordinate grant activities to meet federal and state laws and regulations as well as district policies and procedures. In charge of Safe Schools and PO and Resource Officers funding.
- Responsible for compliance of grant guidelines and federal and state laws and regulations
- Serve as a liaison to coordinate programs with all ancillary agencies.
- Disseminate information regarding School Safety report to school administrators and monitor completion of reports.
- Distribute and collect assessments/surveys as necessary.
- Collect data to support the continuation of grant funding.
- Assist schools in completing purchase orders for budget items.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities assigned by the district and school administration.
- Collaborates with school site personnel to ensure program goals are met.
Salary: Administrative Salary Schedule
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 mos.
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Isaac Elementary District
3348 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85009
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143