JobID 4489 : Assistant Principal (#1511317)
Calendar: 213 Day
Priority Screen Date: Close of business May 14, 2019
The Salt Lake City School District is currently seeking qualified applicants for Assistant Principal at Parkview Elementary for the 2019-20 school year.
- Implements policies, procedures and/or processes for the purpose of providing direction and/or complying with mandated requirements.
- Focuses school resources and personnel on student achievement for student growth
- Manages a variety of school administrative functions (e.g. student disciplinary policy, school schedule,assigned personnel, etc.) for the purpose of enforcing school, district and state policy and maintaining safety and efficiency of school operations.
- Represents the school within community forums for the purpose of maintaining ongoing community support for educational goals and/or assisting with issues related to school environment.
- Supervises school personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall objectives of school's curriculum.
- Supports principal for the purpose of providing assistance with administrative functions.
- This position is supervised by the school principal
- Coaching and feedback interactions with teachers focused on improvement of classroom instruction
- Supervision and evaluation of the conduct/performance of all assigned personnel
- Professional growth development and delivery to engage staff in activities designed to support individual school/District goals and programs in order to improve student learning
- Facilitation of grade level data meetings to analyze student data with regard to the most effective practices which lead to higher student achievement regardless of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, or prior academic achievement
- Skill in incorporating culturally competent strategies and utilizing culturally responsive communication and engagement strategies with all members of the school community
- Demonstrated ability to implement effective teaching practices focused on supporting English Language Learners through appropriate English as a Second Language (ESL) strategies
- Data Analysis: Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret school-level student achievement data to guide professional development activities designed to improve student learning
- Ability to understand and implement achievement strategies based on the school’s School Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance for the purpose of fulfilling job requirements efficiently
- Masters degree in Education or related field
- State of Utah Administrative/Supervisory License or license from another state that is transferrable to Utah, or in an accredited administrative program and capable of completing the certification within a three year period of time.
- Three years of experience in licensed K-12 education. Administrative intern experience will count for up to one year of credit toward three years of experience. Salt Lake City employees who performed two years of administrative internships in SLCSD will receive credit for both years.
- Risks found in the typical work environment which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance for the purpose of fulfilling job requirements efficiently. Will be required to attend activities, events, and meetings outside of normal work hours on a regular basis.
- Driving to work locations
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work: however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, etc…