JobID 233 : K-12 Lunch/Recess Paraprofessional (#1510759)
Job | Posted 5 months ago
Prospect Ridge AcademyCreating Academic, Social, and Ethical Leaders
This position will generally work between the hours of 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday through Friday while the students are in session. Work location may be outside unless inclement weather necessitates an indoor recess or it could work with the high school student population.
K-12 Lunch/Recess Paraprofessional Job Description
All employees at Prospect Ridge Academy work together to create academic, social, and ethical leaders. Every employee at Prospect Ridge Academy is expected to deliver exceptional customer service skills to our students, parents, and PRA community. Prospect Ridge Academy is a dynamic school, subject to changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, and evolving culture. Adaptability to change is essential. This job description is an overview of duties and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
The K-12 Lunch/RecessParaprofessional is responsible for the safety and well being of students at recess. This position will monitor, communicate and direct students as needed. The Recess Paraprofessional will accomplish these duties while working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Prospect Ridge Academy Mission Statements.
The K-12 Lunch/Recess Paraprofessional at PRA will
- Working with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff
- Model and foster independent thinking skills, creative problem solving and abstract reasoning
- Show empathy and understanding of students and holds students accountable
- Communicate consistently and effectively with students, parents and colleagues
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods, play periods, and on fieldtrips
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community
- Develops a cooperative partnership based on mutual respect with colleagues and students
- Facilitate resolution of problems that might arise with students
- Follow policies established by the Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors, Adams 12 School District, and Colorado State mandated school guidelines, except where PRA has received waivers
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Interest in children and education
- Commitment to PRA approved curriculum
- Commitment to implementation of Character Education and Positive Behavior System
- The ability to physically demonstrate the skills necessary for the sport being coached.
- The employee is regularly required to talk, walk, stand and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, grasp, and perform light lifting.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with parents, students, staff, vendors, Administrators and various school visitors.
- Ability to read, write and interpret various documents such as rules, policy and expectation, agreements, rubrics, scope and sequence documents, and assessment documents.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups.
- Ability to apply an entrepreneurial outlook and a charter school commitment.
- Strong organizational and the ability to coordinate different tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, and customer service skills while working with a diverse population
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to be self motivated.
- Ability and skill to use sound judgment as determined by the specific situation.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
This position reports to the Elementary Assistant Principal.
Work is occasionally regularly performed inside and outside with occasional exposure to extreme temperatures. Work is performed in all weather conditions and includes exposure to moderate and sometimes loud noise. This is a highly public position that includes contact with students, staff, Administrators, Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors and parents. Occasionally work may consist of ten (10) plus hour days with weekend work as needed.