JobID 14285 : Clerk- Options (#1507354)
This is a non-contracted position under Agreement for Services only with no benefits.
Responsible for supporting the department or elementary school office by performing secretarial and clerical functions, including answering phones and directing visitors; entering data and/or word processing on the computer; creating and maintaining files and records; assisting with responding to customer requests; receiving and distributing mail; assisting with compiling reports; and requesting necessary supplies, forms, equipment and materials. May also assist with performing accounting tasks and create and/or update the web site.
- Answer phones, take messages, direct calls and greet and direct visitors.
- Perform enrollment procedures, verify data, enter data and/or word process on the computer.
- Create, maintain, update and/or transfer hardcopy and/or electronic files and records related to department, District, employee or student information, and building calendar.
- Assist with responding to customer requests, including determining need, researching response and providing timely and accurate follow-up.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Compile and/or compute data, run reports and/or run queries for documents/reports. Copy and distribute to appropriate individuals.
- Request necessary supplies, forms, equipment and materials. Maintain physical inventory report and charge orders to appropriate accounts.
- May create and/or update the web site. Create misc. forms as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Record discipline data, and suspension and expulsion letters. Perform duties assigned by any/all administrators and deans of students. Attend training meetings.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Oral and written communication, interpersonal, strong organizational, problem solving, intermediate personal computer, phone etiquette, customer service, public relations, collaboration and basic math skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Must have ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions. Must have ability to work with individuals with various backgrounds and abilities.
- Have operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and general office equipment such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail system and Internet.