JobID 3672 : Math Teacher- High School (#1505991)
Job | Posted 5 months ago
SCHOOL YEAR 2019/20
188 DAYS A YEAR, 5 DAYS A WEEK, 7.5 HOURS A DAY
193 Days for New Hires
- Must possess or qualify for Colorado certificate/license with a Secondary Math endorsement.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelors Degree.
- Desire candidate to have training in Standards Based Education.
- Desire prior experience in working with minority adolescents.
- Desire knowledge of cultural diversity.
- Desire candidate to have previous experience in secondary education.
- Experience with Interactive Math a plus.
- Prefer bilingual Spanish skills.
- Teaching duties include: Algebra I, Geometry, Advanced Algebra, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus. Discovering Math Series published by Key Curriculum Press.
- Curriculum is based upon Colorado Model Content Standards in Mathematics.
- Develop and select appropriate instructional materials commensurate with the students' ability levels and interest.
- Work harmoniously with other teachers to ensure a cooperative and positive learning environment for the students.
- Perform at a professional level in all areas of teaching, instructional management, interpersonal relationships, professional responsibilities, and general responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the highest commitment to student achievement and student affective development.
- Display a willingness to promote pride and be sensitive to the unique, multi-cultural (primarily Hispanic) backgrounds of many of our students.
- Be an effective communicator with staff, students, parents, and the community at large in support of educational programs.
- Be of the highest integrity with strong desire to model commitment to students, professional ideals and above all, ethical standards in pursuit of excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Per the Certified Employee salary schedule. To view current Adams 14 salary schedules, please click here. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer.
REPORT TO: PRINCIPAL
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Adams County School District 14
5291 EAST 60TH AVENUE, COMMERCE CITY, CO 80022
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415