JobID 1726 : Teacher - 3rd Grade (#1503656)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 7350 N. Broadway, Denver, CO 80221. (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
THIS POSITION IS FOR 2019 – 2020 SCHOOL YEAR
School: Achieve Academy
Positions: 3rd Grade Teacher
Application Deadline: May 3, 2019
Possess a Colorado Elementary Education Teaching License. Colorado teaching license with an elementary endorsement required. Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education also required. *
*Or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework.
Method of Application:
Out of District applicants must fill out a District application at: www.mapleton.us. Current employees may e-mail a letter of interest to Erica Branscum, Assistant Superintendent, Talent Recruitment and Development at HR@mapleton.us.
- Someone who is motivated, flexible, dedicated, organized and creative.
- Willing to undergo mandatory training in the reading, literacy, and/or Science and Inquiry model.
- Instruct literacy using a balanced literacy model, when applicable.
- Be able to incorporate reading and writing activities into content area instruction.
- Create and effectively implement standard based lesson plans.
- Administer and analyze a variety of educational assessments to inform instruction.
- Create and plan Standards based lesson plans.
- Create appropriate instructional interventions to meet the individual needs of diverse learners, including English language learners (ELL), students with special needs, students on a 504 plan, and students identified as gifted and talented.
- Possess an inner drive to participate in and implement learning from professional development including, but not limited to coaching and professional learning communities.
- Ability to participate in staff development that may include district supported out of town travel.
- Have strong classroom management and an ability to create and implement effective management strategies to promote a safe and respectful classroom learning environment.
- Promote and fully participate positively in the culture of the school.