JobID 4801 : New Teacher Induction Mentor - District Wide (#1502298)
School District 27J is currently seeking a District-wide New Teacher Induction Mentor.
This vacancy is for Internal Candidates only
Mission: Excellent teaching and leadership are vital to every student’s success, and educator development plays a key part in the retention and effectiveness of SD 27J educators. To have maximum impact on student learning, educators must develop and evolve along with their students. The SD 27J Induction Program helps set the stage for continuous growth and support of educators at the beginning of their careers or as they transition from another organization or are new to their role within our organization.
Purpose: The SD27J District-wide New Teacher Induction Mentor is an integral and foundational component of the SD 27J Induction Program. The mentor serves as a teacher leader to a group of newly hired educators to nurture and support them as they transition into SD 27J’s and their school’s culture. The mentor is an ambassador for SD 27J who has a solid understanding of the principles, practices, and techniques of mentoring and coaching; a strong knowledge of the SD 27J organization, procedures, and practices; and are able to support newly hired educators navigate both the SD27J system and the school culture as well as model a high level of professionalism. Mentors will meet weekly with the Professional Learning Instructional Specialist to engage in facilitated discussion on common problems facing newly hired educators, seek advice from other professionals, develop appropriate interventions and next steps, and design seminars based on the identified needs of the new teachers and have included topics around classroom management, professionalism, and building positive, reciprocal relationships.
- Develop a sense of ownership and empowerment through leading and participating in a professional learning community.
- Acquire a deeper understanding of SD 27J and school culture.
- Facilitate understanding of SD 27J’s student achievement goals, The Thinking Classroom, and GEL (Goals, Evidence, and Learning).
- Lead and conduct a variety of collaborative learning experiences to build the capacity of newly hired educators.
- Increase educator well-being, teacher retention, and collegiality.
- Establish a communication network that includes new and novice educators, mentors, principals, and district personnel.
- Identify needs of newly hired educators (initially and ongoing) and the specific skills and strategies to address these needs to ensure timely, non-evaluative feedback and appropriate support.
- Build positive, reciprocal relationships with newly hired 27J educators for the purpose of establishing an environment of trust and collaboration as well as providing emotional support – essential for the development of mentor/new hire relationship.
- Coach and assist newly hired educators with classroom management for the purpose of fostering positive, reciprocal relationships and engaging learning environments.
- Model professionalism at all times for the purpose of demonstrating expected behaviors and actions of SD 27J employees.
- Orient newly hired educators to the district-wide mentor program for the purpose of providing new hires with direction and support to complete their induction program.
- Promote a learning environment with intentional sharing of knowledge and practice for the purpose of establishing a growth mindset based on feedback and reflection.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of manual and electronic files and records for program evaluation and providing evidence for state induction requirements.
- Communicate with all necessary stakeholders for the purpose of delivering timely, relevant information, enabling mutually beneficial solutions, and building positive, reciprocal relationships.
- Model mindfulness, perspective, awareness and work-life balance to promote executive functioning while reducing stress and reactivity.
Compensation: Supplemental hourly rate of $27.02 up to 100 hours total of work within the program, outside the duty day.
Application Procedure: Apply online at: www.workat27j.com. Candidates currently contracted with SD27J, please use Internal Application, upload a current resume' and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience.
Please note: All job postings in School District 27J close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time