JobID 588 : SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER - Severe Needs (#1498333)
POSITION: SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER - SEVERE NEEDS
LOCATION: Deer Creek Elementary
SCHEDULE: 2019-2020 Academic School Calendar - 188 day Teacher Work Calendar
SALARY: Per Board approved 2019-2020 Licensed salary schedule.
Initial placement on salary schedule is based upon highest degree earned, college credits earned after highest degree earned, and up to 10 years previous experience in related field.
Annual pay is divided equally by 12 months and paid monthly on the last business day of the month.
BENEFITS: Eligible for PERA Retirement Plan
Sick/Personal days earned at 1 day for every 20 days worked
Licensed Emergency Leave Bank
Full-Time employees are eligible for the District Benefit Package (Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance)
Free employee access to District indoor swimming pool, workout area, and District property that offers hiking, mountain cycling, and a disc golf course
The Platte Canyon School District is committed to creating meaningful and engaging learning opportunities so that all of our students are well-prepared for post-secondary success, as well as positive contributions to their chosen communities. Our student-centered approach to education includes high expectations for student achievement and growth, as well as strong physical development and social-emotional well-being. The District serves the mountain communities of Bailey, Pine Junction, Shawnee, and Grant.
• Quality preparation in the areas of physical, social, academic and emotional needs for students with mild to moderate disabilities;
• Background in functional behavior assessment and positive behavior support planning;
• Colorado Teaching License with appropriate endorsement;
• Expertise in the areas of behavior management and effective instructional programming with the ability to provide individualized programming for students with severe physical, social and emotional needs in a self-contained setting;
• Ability to write standards-based Individual Educational Plan in compliance with IDEA regulations;
• Ability to collaborate effectively with students, parents, staff and administration;
• First Aid and CPR Certificate or ability to obtain one.
• Develop a program to meet the needs of students with mild to moderate physical, social, and emotional needs;
• May require some lifting and transferring of students in wheel chairs. Applicants must have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Provision of services in compliance with the Individual Educational Support Plan;
• Coordination of services as case manager for assigned students;
• Chair IEP reviews;
• Provide direct academic services to students with severe physical, social and emotional needs in the core content areas;
• Develop effective behavioral interventions, modifications and accommodations for students with mild to moderate physical, social and emotional needs;
• Assess student needs and progress; diagnose and remedial deficiencies;
• Collaborate with parents and staff to develop effective programming;
• Other duties as described in Classroom Teacher job description.
CLOSING DATE: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Apply Online www.plattecanyonschools.org
Platte Canyon School District
?AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Colorado law, the Platte Canyon School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in admissions or access to its programs and services, or employment in the educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures for Title IX and Section 504 have been established for students, parents and employees. Compliance Officers have been assigned to coordinate compliance activities for the District. Written complaints of alleged discrimination should be addressed to one of the following individuals at the Platte Canyon School District, 57393 U.S. Highway 285, Bailey, Colorado 80421.
For employment-related complaints:
Mike Schmidt, Superintendent – District Compliance Officer