Orion Jr. High - Options Aide - (5.75 hrs.) (#1487682)
A position has been declared open in the Weber School District at Orion Jr. High for an Options Aide. This position is for 5.75 hours per day, 9 months per year. Weber District employees may send a resume to the school principal. Applicants outside the District may apply on Teachers-Teachers.com. Files will be reviewed before interviews are scheduled.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED AFTER A MINIMUM OF 5 WORKING DAYS.
Purpose Statement The job of Options Aide was established for the purpose/s of assisting at risk junior high school students, under the direction of the Options Counselor, in developing their life skills while offering them an education; providing educational support to students to improve their academic skills using class time for student instruction and remediation; maintaining the necessary contracts and files on students.
Essential Functions • Assists students individually or in small groups with lesson assignments (maximum 6 students per class) (e.g. math, reading, writing, language, science, history, etc.) for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts and reaching their academic goals and potential.
• Assists with volunteer tutoring services (e.g. student volunteers, study buddies, honor society students, high school students, etc.) for the purpose of arranging and coordinating additional services for students.
• Confers with Option Counselor, teachers, parents, health professionals, and/or community agency personnel as appropriate for the purpose of assisting in the evaluation of students progress and/or implementing students academic/behavioral objectives.
• Establishes option contract (e.g. daily tracking, positive daily contact, tutoring/mentoring, incentives for meeting goals, community agencies, etc.) for the purpose of building the students confidence and improving their academic skills.
• Facilitates personal and social development of the student as determined by Options contract for the purpose of creating a comfortable supportive environment and reinforcing students objectives.
• Maintains a variety of records and/or files (e.g. master list of students, services receive, parental permission forms, daily computer grades, attendance, etc.) for the purpose of providing the necessary information required by the Options program.
• Monitors students success for the purpose of improving students' academic success as determined in the Options contract/conference.
• Participates in team meetings, program workshops, seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or receiving information about the program and/or program related activities.
• Prepares a variety of records and reports (e.g. lesson plans, daily tracking, quarterly options reports, monthly placement reviews, year-end options evaluation form, etc.) for the purpose of providing necessary material to meet the requirements of the Options program.
• Provides ongoing feedback for the purpose of informing Options Counselor, teacher/s, and/or parents of students progress. Other Functions • Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Must be able to operate standard office equipment; preparing and maintaining accurate records; utilizing pertinent software applications; and utilizing problem solving techniques. Must have knowledge of instructional/tutorial procedures and practices; intervention techniques; age appropriate activities; stages of child development; and safety practices and procedures. Experience: Job related experience is required. Education: Targeted job related education that meets organization's prerequisite requirements.