Director of Academics - closes 04/26/19 (#1466699)
• 2019-2020 School Year • 240 day contract • Medical/dental insurance for employee AND family; paid time off; Flex spending; retirement/pension; life insurance
• Responsible for overseeing, coaching and supporting school administrators, district specialists, instructional coaches and classroom teachers to ensure that all Wasatch County School District (WCSD) students reach their highest academic potential.
• Support WCSD’s framework for Professional Learning Communities and Instructional Coaching using current best practices and data driven methods while ensuring that curriculum is aligned with relevant/current standards and assessments.
• Demonstrate skills in leadership including creating a culture of student achievement, motivation, and excellence. Display ability to train, mentor, coordinate, prioritize, execute and effectively communicate with district leadership, school administration, district specialists and instructional coaches to impact student achievement.
• Partner with school administration, district specialists and instructional coaches to implement a systematic framework of multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS) to meet the achievement and behavioral needs of all learners at WCSD.
• Engage school administrators, instructional coaches and teachers in intensive data analysis and results planning that will inform and instruct, while evaluating programs for the purpose of supporting deeper levels of learning.
• Adhere to and support board policy, school guidelines, administrative rules and directives.
• Report directly to the Superintendent.
Utah has developed a Core Curriculum which outlines specific standards for student learning. The Core curriculum includes ideas, concepts, and skills which provide a foundation on which subsequent learning may be built. The state Core can be accessed on the Utah State Office of Education’s website at https://www.schools.utah.gov/curr/main.