JobID 3629 : English Language Development Teacher (#1462803)
Job | Posted 5 months ago
- Provide culturally responsive instruction.
- Assist the District to develop and refine a systematic English language development curriculum.
- Deliver a comprehensive program of systematic instruction in oral language development; vocabulary development; written English Language conventions; and listening and speaking strategies and applications.
- Intentionally plan and schedule instruction to ensure that students meet or exceed the Colorado English Language Proficiency standards.
- Make language instruction (e.g., vocabulary, forms, and functions) comprehensible to English learners (ELs) so that students master the foundational skills to using all forms of language as tools for thinking, learning, and communicating.
- Manage a student centered classroom and utilize instructional time for teaching and learning using the gradual release of responsibility framework.
- Use assessment results to guide instructional decisions.
- Complete initial and annual assessments of English learners (ELs) as required by policies and regulations.
- Facilitate the appropriate placement of ELs into English Language Development (ELD) instruction.
- Monitor progress of ELs and re-designated (FEP) students according to District/State guidelines and regulations.
- Assist the District in developing tools to monitor the progress of ELs in English language development.
- Other duties as assigned by building principal.
Must possess or qualify for a Colorado Teaching license with a Linguistically Diverse Education (LDE) K-12 endorsement or Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Education endorsement
Must be an effective communicator with staff, students, parents, and the community in support of educational programs.
Desired bilingual skills, but not required.
SALARY: Per the Certified Employee Salary Schedule. To view current Adams 14 salary schedules, please click here. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Adams County School District 14
5291 EAST 60TH AVENUE, COMMERCE CITY, CO 80022
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415