JobID 5206 : 18 - SUBSTITUTE CUSTODIAN - SEASONAL HOURLY SUMMER GROUNDS WORKER - 8 POSITIONS FROM 4/1/2019 THRU 10/31/2019 (#1449724)
Seasonal Hourly Grounds information
Contract Terms: Hourly Position - Temporary - Five days a week - could vary
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
$11.10 per hour
No Fringe Benefits/Non Exempt
This position is temporary at-will hourly employee, 30-36 hours a week, no benefits, hired to balance the seasonal work load for the care of district grounds and outdoor services from April through October. Work is performed in all types of weather, often in an open driver's seat or platform, on hills, slopes, grades, rolling surfaces and forests. Work all hours of the day and evening for activities/events including weekends at Dutch Clark Stadium. This position works under the direction of the Grounds Maintenance Foreman or full-time groundskeepers and is assigned general labor tasks, such as mowing, trimming, trash pickup, tree and shrub removal, and landscape improvements. Perform any and all duties as assigned or necessary. Assignments are made daily to balance the work load among crews as required. Seasonal grounds workers may be eligible for temporary positions in the custodial services department after completion of seasonal duties. Permanent full time positions may be hired from the pool of temporary workers who have demonstrated satisfactory performance and good attendance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Valid Colorado Driver License
- Must pass criminal background check
- Ability to pass District designated post offer screen lift test
- Ability to work flexible hours, locations and work any day of the week including weekends
- Ability to operate landscaping equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to follow oral and written work orders
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Excellent communication skills with Facility Caretaker, Ground Foreman and Team Leaders
over 100 lbs Occasional
Under 10 lbs. Continuous
26-60 50 lbs.
Personal Protective Equipment Used: N/A
Substitute Custodian information for after Seasonal Ground work position is completed
On Call Work Schedule
- Monday - Friday
- Various Hours between 7:30 am - 11:30 pm
- High School Diploma or GED
- Reliable Transportation
- Demonstrated ability to pass District designated post offer screen lift test
- Fingerprints will be required for all substitutes of Pueblo City Schools prior to processing.
- Knowledge of posted position
- Flexible working hours and locations
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand written and printed instructions
- Work is completed accurately
- Work is completed in prescribed time frame
- Substitute should be able to work independently, is innovative, and self-reliant
- Work well with others
- Demonstrate job knowledge, is dependable and punctual, appropriate in appearance, and observes established safety and health standards
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of assignment
How to apply:
Pueblo City Schools seeks to comply with state and/or federal law prohibiting discrimination in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, sex (gender), age genetic information, or disabilities in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries regarding Pueblo City Schools' compliance may be referred to the Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Compliance Officer for Pueblo City Schools, 315 West 11th St., Pueblo, CO 81003 (719) 549-7162.
Si usted necesita ayuda con la traduccion, de esta informacion, por favor llame a la oficina del distrito.